Hospitality 아카데미

Arraigo Social Visa Spain

What is the Arraigo Social Visa?

Arraigo Social Visa is a temporary residence and work permit for foreigners who have been living in Spain for 3 years under an irregular situation. It is one of the easiest ways any non-EU passport holder has to legalise his or her stay in the country. 

  • Family arraigo (family roots)

    The residency via arraigo familiar will be granted to those foreign citizens whose parents are originative from Spain. Also, to those whose children aged under 18 do have Spanish nationality.

  • Labour arraigo

    With the arraigo laboral, we do find a temporary requirement. It will be granted only to those individuals who can accredit labor relations in Spain for at least 6 months. And that in addition to having lived in Spain continuously for 2 years. This means that, in order to get the labor roots, you need to demonstrate you have been working illegally for a company for the last 183 days.

  • Social arraigo

    This is one of the residencies due to exceptional circumstances granted to all those individuals who have lived in Spain for 3 consecutive years (although illegally), and who also have an employment contract (they have found a job).

  • Proving 3 years of residency in Spain

    In order to get the social arraigo you must stay continuously in Spain for 3 years. For the duration of the residence to be considered as continuous, the applicant must not have been outside of the country for more than 120 days. You must provide the census (empadronamiento) of each location where you have resided during all this time.

  • Having a job contract

    In order for the application to be approved, an employment contract of at least 1 year must be submitted.

  • Having a Social integration report

    The demonstration of social insertion in Spain and its community is achieved through this report and it is, without any doubt, one of the most important requirements in order to achieve arraigo in Spain.

  • Official Application form (EX-10)

    The authorization must be requested by the host company and submitted by electronic means with an electronic certificate. It cannot be requested directly by the student.

  • Passport (valid for 6 more months after the end of your visa)

  • Copy of your NIE

  • Census (empadronamiento) copy

  • Health insurance

  • Job offer contract

  • Police Clearance Certificate

    Certificate of criminal record issued by the authorities of the country or countries in which you have resided during the last five years prior to entering Spain.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

After one year you will have to renew your Arraigo Social Visa. Once you have received a “favorable” with your first renewal, you will have the same valid Temporary Work Permit valid for two years. Two years later, you will have to renew a second time, and this will be valid for another two years. When you go to renew for a third time (third time’s a charm, right?) you will have been in Spain for five years in total. This means you can renew for a Larga Duracion Work Permit that is valid for another five years!

If you do not have a job offer there are two options:
1. You can apply for residency (without authorization to work), with the financial support of your spouse/domestic partner, family relatives, who are a legal resident in Spain. They must, however, meet the requirement of having stayed for three years and provide a report that proves the family link and that the family unit has sufficient funds for both.
2. It is possible to open an own business and to be self-employed (so-called "cuenta propia"). In this case, the most important thing is the viability of your company's business plan and sufficient proof that you have clients interested in the product or services your company offers as well as sufficient funds to finance this project.

Looking to work in Spain?

If you are interested in doing an internship in Spain, then Barcelona Hospitality Academy is the perfect solution for you. We will make sure that your visa process is taken care of as well as giving you the opportunity to enrol in one of our programs that provide you with a recognised certificate while giving you the chance to do an internship at the same time. Upon completion of your diploma, you will have the opportunity to apply for the Spanish residency*.

*please contact us in order to obtain more information about your eligibility for the Spanish residency

Our Programs



Hospitality Academy는 국제적으로 인정받는 학교 및 회사와 파트너십을 맺고 전 세계 어디에서나 계속 성장하려는 사람들을 위해 가장 저렴한 교육 과정 및 배치 서비스를 제공합니다. 

학교가 아닌 Hospitality Academy는 전문 Hospitality 성공의 세계로가는 여권입니다!