Hospitality Academy

Job Search Visa Spain

What is the Job Search Visa?

L' Job Search Visa is a residence permit granted to non-EU citizens who have finished their studies in Spain so they can extend their time in the country for one additional year.

  • It is Non- Renewable

    It is non-renewable and you can only apply for it 60 days before the expiration of your student NIE until 90 days after its expiration.

  • Online process

    As the job search visa scheme is new, the process is done entirely online.

  • Processing time

    The standard processing time is supposed to be 20 days but in reality it can vary from 20 days to three months.

  • Dependents can apply for the visa too

    You can include any dependents in the visa who relied on you during your studies.

  • Physical presence in Spain at the time of application

    You should be residing in Spain at the time of your application, and you should apply 60 days before or immediately after your graduation for the best chance of approval.

  • Completion of Studies

    You must have finished your studies in order to apply for this visa. The studies need to be a minimum level of 6 that is equivalent to a bachelor’s degree, and it can also be a Masters’s degree (level 7) or a Ph.D. that (level 8).

  • Sufficient Economic Funds

    You should have sufficient funds in your to finance your stay in Spain. Your initial funds in your account should be at least 600 euros per month of stay. For example, if you are applying for a Job Search Visa Spain, you should have 600x12 = 7200 euros in your bank account when applying.

  • Health Insurance Coverage

    You should either have a public or a private health insurance that covers you during your stay in Spain.

  • When can you apply

    You can apply for the Job Search Visa 60 days before your Student Visa expires or 90 days after it expires.

  • University must be valid for the Job Search VIsa

    Not all universities or schools will work. The exact study and university must be inside a list given by the government.

  • Passeport (valable encore 6 mois après la fin de votre visa)

  • Copie de votre NIE

  • Assurance santé

  • A recent University Degree* from a Spanish university

    *Level 6 or above according to European Qualifications Classification

  • Proof of sufficient funds to cover your stay**

    ** 100% of monthly IPREM for the main applicant = 537,84 EUR per month. Additional 75% of monthly IPREM for first dependent (if applicable) = 403,38 EUR per month. Additional 50% of monthly IPREM for each additional dependent (if applicable) = 268,92 EUR per month.

  • City Registry Document (Empadronamiento)

  • Get a chance to work in one of the most hospitable countries in the world.

  • The application process is really fast, lasting a maximum of 20 days.

  • Once you have the Job Search Visa, you get a period of 12 months to find a job and get the Spanish residency

Questions fréquemment posées (FAQ)

No, you are NOT allowed to work in Spain with this visa. This visa is only a temporary residence permit for you to look for a job. 

Before applying to a university you may want to check if your university is on the list of valid universities for the post-graduate study visas. You can click on this link to find the list of universities that are valid for this kind of visa. If you apply at a uni that is not on the list, your application will get denied. 

Once you find a job you need to move from a job seeking visa to a work permit. There are two possible work permits:

- Work permit as self-eymployed worker ("por cuenta propia") 
If you want to set up your own business, this will be the path to follow. In that sense, there are two options available: doing it trough the entrepreneur visa (if your project is innovative and involves a high level of technology), or going through the regular way. 

- Work permit as an employee ("por cuenta ajena")In this case, the first step will be to find a job offer from a company willing to hire you. It is important that the job you find is related to your previous studies, and require the abilities that correspond to your level of education. 

Here you also have two options: applying for a regular work permit, or getting one as a highly qualified worker (if your salary is over 40.000€ per year and we are talking about a technical or managerial position).

In the first case the Entrepreneur’s Law will be the applicable one, and in the latter the General Immigration Law. And this has an important implication. Because if the general Immigration Law is applicable, then the national situation of unemployment will be taken into consideration

If there is a Spanish national or a legal resident who is willing to take that same job as you, she will have priority.

Only in really specific cases (as when you are the children or spouse of a resident in the country, children of a Spanish citizen by origin, etc.) you will have that priority too. Nevertheless, the government stated that if not getting that specific job would risk your ability to possess enough financial means, then the national situation of employment could be skipped. 

But if the general rule applies, you can only get that job if there are no other Spanish citizens suitable or willing to be hired by the company.

Vous cherchez à travailler en Espagne?

If you are interested in working in Spain, then Barcelona Hospitality Academy is the perfect solution for you. In order to obtain a work permit, you will have to obtain a student visa first. In other words, we will offer you an online course where you will be able to work at the same time. Upon receiving your diploma we will help you secure a job and obtain the work permit in Spain. You will get the opportunity to apply for the Spanish residency* upon completion of your degree. 

* veuillez nous contacter afin d'obtenir plus d'informations sur votre éligibilité à la résidence espagnole

Nos programmes

Nous contacter



Hospitality Academy a établi des partenariats avec des écoles et des entreprises de renommée internationale pour offrir les cours de formation et les services de placement les plus abordables pour ceux qui cherchent à continuer à se développer partout dans le monde. 

Plus qu'une école, Hospitality Academy est votre passeport vers le succès dans le monde professionnel de l'hôtellerie !